Shifter Threads

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:17:23 -0500

Yeah, JP's askin' weirdass questions again, but this time, for a good
reason!:D

As a birthday present to me, a friend is going to machine me a custom
shifter knob.  He's going to make it from a big chunk of metal, and he can
do all kinds of things to the insides.  Here's the rub:

I have a stock shifter now, I want a B&M shifter, but I may happen upon a
Pacesetter shifter RSN for next-to-nothing.  The question is, what are the
thread sizes and pitches of the various shifters?  We *could* go with a
threaded insert that would itself be threaded, but I think that should be
a last ditch effort.  I do NOT want to use a set screw on the side of the
knob like some $20 POS knob from Pep Boys, unless that's the ONLY way I
can get it to attach to the stock lever.

I *really* just need the stock shifter thread data, since I really don't
know when I'll be upgrading to an aftermarket unit.  The other two (if
they're different at all) are just a really nice bonus.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |