Hello, An Old Face Returns

Jay Hassinger jhassinger@cox.net
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:57:47 -0500

Hello everyone, just thought I would send a message and say "howdy".
I'm back in the SE-R fold.

For those who were around when I was on the list, a short run down
on my life for the past couple years.

Sold the 97 SE-R, bought a house, started fixing up the house, bought
a 1990 GSX...well traded for some web development for it anyway, went
12.52@109mph for $700, fixed up the house, sold my web business, fixed
up the house, went to work for an aerospace company doing computer
stuff, fixed up the house, sold the GSX, got laid off, fixed up the
house, went into a partnership to open a speed shop, realized it was
not where I wanted to be and/or who I wanted to be partners with, sold
my portion of the speed shop, fixed up the house, began proceedings
to open my own small car dealership/service center/skunkworks type
performance work (Been involved in that business one way or the other
all my life.), got my location, got my dealers license in July,
fixed up the location and house, grand opening to set for October
15th...STILL FIXING UP THE HOUSE! LOL That's it in a nutshell.

I was at the auction couple weeks ago, and saw a purple 1995 200sx
SE-R come through with a light dent in the drivers fender and a
couple small hail-like dings in the roof and trunk. (Easy dent wizard
fix.) Original owner, decent miles, very tight, very strong car (Here
we go again!). So I figured I'd been without a project for long enough
and still had the fresh memory of driving a T28 SE-R a couple months
back...I walked away with it for $1200.00. Everyone bidding on it
thought it was "just a Sentra". ;-)

I've already laid out my plans which are a 10 second street car/daily
driver SE-R. No compromises. (Well maybe an AC delete :-D ) I'm going
to push the stock longblock as far as it will go first, then build
a nice longblock to compliment the rest of the "stuff". I'm thinking
450-475whp *might* be attainable before I spit a rod out of the block,
spin a bearing or crush a ring land. Actually I believe as long as
detonation is under control the weak point is going to be keeping
the rod bearings from pounding out. I've heard about the dog box
upgrade and I'm going to wash the feet of those involved with making
it a reality!

I've dubbed the little purple car "Barneysaurus." Just a harmless
friendly purple car with a scarey 500hp dark side. :-D

Anyway, it's really good to be back...look for a hell of a journey
to take place in the next 7-8 months as I attempt to push a street
driven SE-R where it hasn't been yet at the drag strip. :-)

Thanks for having me again.

P.S. If you are local to me and on the list, please don't blab my
plans around. I want to keep this under wraps a bit. Thanks. :-)

Jay Hassinger
1995 200sx SE-R ...stock
1997 200sx SE-R Turbo (409whp, stock motor)...sold back when