Oil pressure question??

Ian Lyn ianshannon97@msn.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:12:18 -0500

OK, today I park my car and pull the fuel pump fuse. (Bad area). I go into
the supermarket for an hour and come back out. I start the car forgetting I
pulled the fuse and it stalls. I gave it gas before it stalled. OK. No
problem, I do this all the time to relieve the pressure just before changing
filters.
After I put the fuse in and start it I notice the oil pressure dummy light
is not going out. OK, then I hear my motor cringling (not really knocking,
the noise you get after you change your oil). Then I stop it and check my
oil pressure. It is OK. Start it again, and the light is still on. I still
hear the motor noises@ idle but my oil pressure gauge is OK. (800 miles on
the recently changed Mobil1) Then I say, "Damn, what the hell happened to my
bottom end?" So I say to myself, "If I need a motor, may as well just spin
the bearings all the way", so I rev it to around 5000. Then the light goes
out and the noises go away. WTF?
I am going to check the oil pressure in an hour or so to see if it is level.
Anyone else have this problem? Dying oil pump maybe?