Electrical Gremlins II

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:39:30 -0500

On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 04:20  PM, George Roffe wrote:

> So, I tinkered around some more and was able to get all the lights on
> the
> dash to come on, but no oomph from the starter.  Tried jumping it and
> PHHFFTTTT went *something* and no nothin'.

Ok, you've got lights.  What else?  Turn the key to the accessory
position, check radio, wipers, everything else that should be live.  If
all works but the starter, that's important to know.

Next I'd check the fuses to make sure they're all getting power.

Silly question, you didn't pull the starter at some point and not put
it back in, did you?  Leave a connection hanging there?  If you're
getting a sizzle sound, it could well be a connector hanging loose.  If
it isn't a sizzle, what does it sound like exactly?  PHHFFTTTT doesn't
help me much.  ;)