Valve cover gasket leak/ metal bits.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:46:40 -0500

I've narrowed the leak down to my valve cover
on the firewall side.. I have a really sneaking
suspicion those metal bits are pieces of a cam
lobe going - just my luck.  Must be the intake
cam if it's the firewall side one, right?

I'm going to pop the valve cover and check it
out, I'm thinking it's a disintegrating lobe though,
I'll check it out in fairly short order.  FSM'll show
me whether or not it's ultra black or a gasket
and ultra black.  The only think I dread, really,
is shelling out the $500+ for a new set of cams,
bearings, and shims, and then of course, the
classing out of STS that will no doubt ensue.

Can anyone on the local level tell that S3's aren't
stock from listening to the idle?  I know they should
*really* be put together with an JWT ecu, but I'm
probably going to hold off on that one for a while.

Hopefully, they won't run too bad w/o the ECU..

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.