NX2000 console into 93 SE-R

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:34:04 -0500

At 04:38 PM 9/2/2003 -0500, RCKTPWR@aol.com wrote:
>Will the console from a NX2000 fit my 93 SE-R auto? I really like the
>raised armrest on the NX2000. Thanks,

Yes, IF your SE-R does not have the optional air bag.

I'd heard this on the list for years, but didn't understand till I bought a
'93 w. A.B.  a couple months ago.  Nissan added the A.B. as an option on
1993 & 94s, but for some strange reason didn't use the parts that were
already on the NX2k.  The A.B. control module is located farther back on
the center tunnel, and the center console extends clear back to the rear
seat to cover it.

I'd still like an NX console in the new SE-R.  I've thought about splicing
the rear part onto an NX console.   Might be ugly, but I'm never in the
back seat to see it.

   -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car