checked compression... Yikes!

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:59:37 -0500

At 04:48 PM 8/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, I was bleeding my brakes and decided to check the motor's
>compression since I've never done it before.  First cylinder.... 150...
>hmm.. that doesn't seem good.  Maybe it's because the motor is
>cold.  2nd... 130! Cylinders 3 and

Did you do all the prep stuff?  Including blocking the throttle wide open
(vise grips on the linkage works well) and disabling the fuel pump?

I did a hasty check on my new SE-R last month, and forgot to hold the
throttle open.  I was disappointed with the low readings, till I corrected
my mistake (Doh!) and they all went up 25 - 30psi.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  93 SE-R, 92 SE-R-Parts-Car