JWT PP Install

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:01:18 -0500

> Pretty common problem there Omer. I ran into the exact same situation,
(JWT
> PP / 2001 disc, new cable) and fixed it by tack welded a plumbing coupler
> onto my bracket.

> See pictures here.
> http://sr20.net/gallery/Clutch

Alright, I am past fed up now.

I took the transmission back out and checked to make sure I had the throwout
bearing and such correctly mounted as well as the clutch disc.  I had a
friend of mine weld up my bracket with a 3/4" pipe coupling just like Chris
Scarpulla's and put everything back together.  I adjusted my clutch pedal by
moving the cruise switch and set the car on the ground hoping to finally
drive it after weeks.

Same problem exists.  I can press in the clutch and it feels fine.  I can go
through the gears with the engine off.  If the enging is running I cannot
get the car into gear at all.  With the spacer my cable is at the edge of
the threads and it looks like it should work.

Frankly I think this pressure plate is a piece of crap and am thinking of
just getting a damn Key Value clutch kit or a B15 Pressure Plate to go with
the B15 disc I already bought.  I have no idea what is the matter with the
set up, maybe I got the wrong PP, maybe it's defective but at any rate it
doesn't work.  I don't even know if I can return the pressure plate since it
has been installed.

Grr.

Omer F. Khan
'92 White SE-R -- seems like it will never see the road again.