Continuous running of Radiator fan

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:20:39 -0500

At 06:55 AM 8/12/2003 -0500, Kamlesh wrote:
>Recently I changed the thermostat of my 91' Sentra.  I noticed however, that
>whenever I start the car - even when cold, the radiator fan starts too.  What
>may I have (if I have) done wrong ? Or is it normal ?

Usually that's a sign the ECU or sensor(s) are malfunctioning and it's gone
into "limp home" mode.  If the ECU is not getting an accurate temperature
reading, then it can't tell when to switch the fans on.  So to play it safe
and avoid overheating, it just runs them continuously.

I suspect you left some electrical connector unhooked, or damaged a wiring
harness.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car