Forged pistons

Sean One seanzozo@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:58:21 -0500

>The chemical process by which water, a smist, turns to a gas, as steam,
>requires energy, as heat. In turn it cools the intake charge, like an
>intercooler -how does this not suppress detonation?

It seems to me.  No expert on the stuff...more of a moron to be honest.
that cooloing the intake charge might be a benefit of water injection but
that once it gets in the piston it actsslow by temporary absorbtionto
prevent the localized build up of temperature that forms a flame front.
Note also that waters absorbtion of heat does not remove it from the
intake/piston/exhasut system like piston heat soak would.

Sean