Forged pistons

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:55:57 -0500

> Coatings work and for internal coating Swain's work
> the best.

I have done a lot of research over the past few days about this.

>From what I have found and seen, this may not be the case in a street motor.
The barrier coatings do the wrong thing, they prevent the head, pistons, etc
from soaking up the heat like they should, and getting it out of the
combustion chamber. Results range from hotter EGT's, to less total timing
advance being available.

In a racing application where you have more than enough octane of known
quality I can see it. But on a street motor?

-Jay