electrical problems & battery re-lo

Ben Fenner fenfam@comcast.net
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:48:02 -0500

> For those of you that have done battery relocations to the trunk -- do you
> just run a positive lead up front, or also a ground?

I ran a 2 guage possative connection to the engine bay, connected via
distribution block to all components in the engine bay. I grounded my
battery to the sheet metal close to the rear tail lamp on the passenger
side. I used a 4 guage and an 8 guage ground. They run through an externally
mounted battery kill switch, and the alternator is turned off via relay. I
should take some pictures for you. I don't have any electrical related
problems what-so ever, and expect that your grounds aren't as clean as they
should be. Another thing. I would check your egnine-to-chassis ground.
Something tells me that it's on its way out (as mine was before I replaced
it). This can eventually lead to inadequate amperage to the starter,
causing, well, the starter not to start.

I'd try testing from the negative terminal of the battery to the chassis
directly next to the chassis-to-engine ground, and then test the engine side
of things, and that may give you an answer.

What things are happening that you think are due to poor grounding?

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R