electrical problems & battery re-lo

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:50:09 -0500

Hey y'all!

For those of you that have done battery relocations to the trunk -- do you
just run a positive lead up front, or also a ground?

The previous owner of my recently acquired SE-R had the battery installed
in the trunk, and it has numerous electrical woes that all seem related to
a poor ground and / or battery connection.  It has a positive lead, but the
neg is grounded to the body's sheet metal in the trunk.

I'm reading as high as 16 ohms from the battery negative post to the engine
block;  but when I measure resistance and voltage drop across the various
junctions, I can't find anything significant.  I'd just stick the bitch
back under the hood, if he hadn't hacked the wiring harness all up doing
this mess :(

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car