Caliper rust removal

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:04:05 -0500

Wayne Cox wrote:

> I'd be cautious about painting them.  Regular paint will flake
 > off and look like crap.  Any light or bright color...  they
> look great when clean;  but the first time you drive a mile
for > a beer run, the brake dust is gonna look so bad you'll
wish you > just had plain ol' cast iron.

 I have used high temperature spray paint before and had the
calipers turn out pretty nice. I bought the paint from Pep Boys
and I got the 1500 degree paint, not the 500 degree stuff. You
just need to make sure to sand the calipers down (I just used
sand paper) and clean them up. Don't drive the car until the
paint has dried completely, or you'll mess it up. I painted my
calipers silver and I thought they looked great.

Ben
'93 NX (but probably not for too much longer)

=====
Go Illini!