electrical - gauges and interior accessories aren't working

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:26:47 -0500

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 04:59  PM, Matt Sfeir wrote:

> I'm having an electrical problem.

Do you have a FSM?  The electrical wiring charts there are very helpful.

> Car will start and run, but tach and speedo don't work, dash clock
> doesn't show time, but the backlight works.  No radio, fan, hazards,
> turn signals, wipers, but the headlights work.

> I've checked the fuses under the dash and the fusible links near the
> battery, all look good.

Ok, do you have a voltmeter?  Check that you have power AT the fuses,
I'm betting you don't.  My guess is that it could be a problem with the
ignition switch itself not turning on the accessories, there might be a
relay in that circuit as well, without knowing your exact model and
checking a chart it's hard to say.  This makes sense since everything
that would work without the key being turned does, and the car starts,
but none of the accessories are active.