5W-20 oil?

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:21:17 -0500

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 04:43  PM, JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

> The questions I asked since start, never got an answer.

Actually, they were answered, but as you said things went bad and some
info probably got lost in there.

> 1. Can I use 5W-20 engine oil in our SR engines?

Yes, you can use it.  Just as you could top it off with grape soda.
The real question here is SHOULD you use it, and the resounding answer
was No, stick with 5W30 per the factory recommendation.

> 2. Does 5W-20 oil viscosity requirement were based on engine's tight
> clearances?

Possibly that and other factors, but it is felt that this may
ultimately reduce the life of the engine, it most certainly would in
our engines.

Unless you're rebuilding a motor and changing the internal
characteristics and you know what you're doing, don't stray from the
factory recommendation.