was 5w-20 now What people charge.

Joshua Gary ewraven@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:58:55 -0500

"its perfectly fine for a doctor to charge 400 for 10
min worth of consultation, but its NOT ok for me to charge 8 hours for a
trans job and do it in a hour."

I don't agree with that.  The doctor over charges because the insurance will
only pay a percentage of what he bills them.  The insurance company will
only pay a preset amount for each visit and procedure.  They go by a chart
that has the procedures in it with there specified costs.  I know this
because a friend of mine is a doctor.

I speak from personal experience that when someone is non insured and is
paying cash, the doctor will almost always discount there bill.  In my case
when I got my hernia fixed; the surgeon cut his bill by 50% because I paid
in cash.  My anesthesiologist cut his bill by 30% even after they had
already sent three bills.  Alot of the reason they did that is because
that's all the insurance would've paid them anyway.

If you want more money; just up your hourly rate.  You don't have to be
dishonest about it.  Honesty does come at a price; but sure does take a load
off.  Besides; if you charged 1/9 what your competition charges, you'd have
customers in line around the block.

I don't see why you should take out your personal vendetta against doctors
out on us consumers.  Unless everyone of your customers is a doctor?