Intermittent starting problem on 200SX SE-R

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:58:11 -0500

Take the car to any local shop and have them do a load test on the
alternator, also a diode test to make sure one of the diodes is not weak or
going bad. Also make sure the ground going off the body on the drivers side
to the thermostat housing is in good condition. My now sold SE-R would
sometimes die out and it was due to corrosion on the negative cable of the
charging system. The cable broke off under the distributor where it mounts
to the thermostat housing giving me all sorts of weird phenomenons :)
Mike Jez