Intermittent starting problem on 200SX SE-R

Mike mmyers08@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:19:27 -0500

My car has been difficult to start for a while. It always starts, but I have
to goose the accelerator to get it to do so. I replaced the battery, which
fixed the problem for a while, but it returned. My battery cables were kind of
old and frayed, so I replaced them, which fixed the problem for two weeks.
This morning, the same problem returned. I've also been having a "hiccup" when
driving at low speed. The car will cut out for a second, and I'll lose lights
and radio, but it will come right back. I'm thinking alternator---am I on the
right track?

Mike