radiator upgrade options

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:29:30 -0500

I've noticed my car running a bit warm in the warmer (90+) weather.  On my way
home from Texas, I was running at a constant 203-205 degrees according to the
techtom; and that's apparently about 5-7 degrees cooler than the hottest spot
in the system.

So I was looking at upgrades.  Koyo is nice, but too expensive.  Nissan
Motorsports or Nismo or whatever is also around $400.  The Modine is a good
price but I dunno about the brass and copper construction (I'm assuming the
stocker is all aluminum? I'd like to stay that way).  Since my car will
probably never see a real track day (too afraid of blowing the tranny), I just
need something to keep it a bit cooler in everyday driving.  So I was thinking
an NX radiator which I believe is 2 row vs. the stock 1 row or something.
I've seen lots of random radiator places online selling NX radiators but are
they the real OEM ones or generics?  Well, I'd like to hear any opinions!

Khiem
'96 SE-R with a front mount blocking flow to the radiator