Dist Cap went KABOOM

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:13:21 -0500

Atleast U aint got to deal with a rod sticking out of the front of the
block- my friend bought a 92 SE-R locally about 2-3 months ago, and
yesterday while cruising about 70MPH on the highway he heard a loud bang and
smoke from under the hood and sudden loss of power. I just put a Stillen
header on his car, and made sure the engine will pass emissions- put a cat
on it and a 02 sensor. Guy before him put a JDM engine in it- looked like
shit the whole install, didn't have a 02 sensor anywhere, or a cat- it was
all straight piped from the JDM manifold back. Needless to say we are
putting a QR25DE w/6spd tranny into it next weekend- I got the whole car for
1600 bux, too bad the rear of the car looks like a steam roller ran over it.
Car only has 1900 miles on it. Direct swap.
Michael Jez
01 Maxima GXE 5spd