Tranny/Axle Leak

Dan Decker danumkc@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:39:13 -0500

>I had this problem when I did my
>fix on my broken third gear. I had to
>make sure it was tight against the trans
>when I tightened down on the bolts
>that hold that triangular bracket against
>the motor and brace and axle. This is on
>a B14. Am I making any sense here?

I know what you mean. the piece that slides around the axle & bolts to the
engine with 3 bolts. I have made sure it is tight. Each of those bolts have
to be in a certain spot or they do not bolt down alll the way.

All I can guess in that there is a crack in the tranny somewhere near the
right axle. I just can't seem to find it. Is there any type of dye I can use
to help me find out where the leak is coming from?