control arm help

Matthew Ostlund panx2000@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:40:58 -0500

I made that same mistake the first time I did them too.  It look like 2
hours of cutting ro get the big block off.  The 2nd time I put the block in
a vice and squirted some penetrant into the space between the arm and
bushing and twisted and pulled.  It takes about 30 seconds to get it off
(D'oh! Why didn't I think of that the first time!).  A hell of a lot easier
then the other method :)

Matt Ostlund
Pittsburgh, Pa
93 NX2000
89 240SX coupe
88 Scooby 4wd-turbo-wagon

thanks peter and tim! the bushing i was having trouble with was the big one
on the end. sumbeotch wouldn't come loose! cut the livin' hell out of it.
beat
the ever livin' snot out of it... and finally cut all the rubber away and
went
at it with a cutoff wheel on my drill. sliced it down the length and then
pried it open until it slid off.