Tyres

McDuff, Ben Ben.McDuff@act.gov.au
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:06:43 -0500

From: Jeff B [mailto:meisterschutze@hotmail.com]

Had to replace the tires on my 02 SE-R SpecV.  (it had the Continental Sport
Contacts as OEM, marginal at best)  Much research later, I chose the
Continental ContiExtremeContacts in the slightly wider than stock 225/45/17
size (change in overall diameter was 1.33%)..................anyway,  they
were $120.00 USD each and do they hold on a corner! (OK, I realize they
aren't a R-compund tire, but...)  and in the wet they have excellent grip.

Hmm, I can't get those in my size in Aus. At the moment I have Conti Sport
Contacts, and, like you, find am definitely after something grippier.

OEM tyres back when I bought the car (new) were Dunlop Performa 2000. But
these may have been pretty much a Japan only tyre. None of the tyres I've
put on since have been as good, that's why I was considering the Dunlop
FM901, I figured they should be at least as good as them.

 Off topic, next time you see a pretty-buxom-brunette sheila, Have her talk
dirty for me in that wonderful aussie accent!  ; )  I may not hear it, but
its nice to know it happened!

Ha ha, any particular 'bird' or just any one? I know quite a few that fit
that description ;-)  LOL

Regards

Ben