Temperature switch

Jim Crate jcrate@deepskytech.com
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:25:37 -0500

on 7/7/03, Byron Lemmond <lemmondbyron@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I want to install an electric fan on a rear-wheel drive Nissan ( belt driven
>OEM fan). Does anyone know where I can purchase a temp switch that would lend
>itself to   installation in the thermostat housing area? I'm thinking that a
>small, threaded switch that makes at about 190 DEGF would be ideal. Any
>suggestions ?

The cleanest solution I've seen is to use the temp switch from some FWD Nissan
that came with electric fans.  It is usually a small hard section of pipe with a
temp sensor in the middle.  You would cut your lower radiator hose (on a 240SX)
and put this hard section in.  It looks similar to this, but instead of being
tapped for gauge sending units it has a temp sensor built in.

http://www.nissport.com/catalog/product.asp?ProductCode=NS-2050&EquipmentType=

I don't know if I'd want to mount a sensor on the thermostat housing.  I don't
think it is very thick.

Jim