overheating w/Nissan motorsports radiator

Matt Sfeir matt_sfeir@comcast.net
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:01:59 -0500

The temp gauge (stock) starts to rise when sitting in traffic with the AC on,
temperatures in the low to mid 90's.  This overheating happens even when I'm
not boosting.  My car does have an FMAX kit with standard intercooler and a
Nissan motorsports radiator and water pump with less than 20K miles on them.
Once I turn the AC off (stops blowing cold air as the temp gauge rises anyway)
and turn on the heat, the gauge will return to normal.  Both fans work with
the AC on and the car has never overheated w/o the AC on.  Car has fresh
coolant and coolant did come out of the air bleed screw when I filled the
system.
Could the intercooler be limiting that much flow to the radiator?
The original (220K miles) AC condenser is in place.  The condenser has some
bent fins, etc, but nothing that terrible.
Any other ideas?

-Thanks, Matt in Denver