Solid and Vented

Darren Calbero DarrenC@ampartners.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:24:22 -0500

Mark,

Your initial question was in regards to performance differences between
vented and solid rotors.  A solid rotor of the same size as the vented rotor
would take longer to cool and would retain heat longer.  This will probably
increase the chances of fade sooner than you may expect.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person you spoke to about whether or not the
brakes are vented knows if they really are.  They are probably looking at a
catalog that says the item is available.  Brembo makes the application as I
have them on my car at the moment and I am sure a company like this will at
the very least make the rotors to spec if not better.

Darren Calbero
'91 Sunburned Aztec Red SE-R
'91 Virgin White SE-R (anniversary gift from my wife)
SE-R Club of America - Hawaii Region Representative
http://www.SERCA.org/Hawaii
SERCAforum <http://www.nissanforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=127>