Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3?

Joshua Gary ewraven@hotmail.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:37:36 -0500

I was going to order the T1-S online; but, I found the Yokohama ES100 for
$139 a tire with installation at Discount Tire.  I went with it and saved
200 dollars in all versus the T1-S.  I only have about 10 miles on them so
far.  They do have some road "hum"; but I can tell already that they grip a
lot more than the stock Continentals.  Though the car still oversteers a
bit; I had to push it harder to get the rear end to break loose and I did
have more warning; but they are still brand new.  They also are alot less
harsh over bumps compared to the Continentals; the car rides smoother now.
I went with 225/45R17 versus the stock 215/45R17.

I also checked out brake wear while the tires were off.  I was really
surprised that at 22k miles I still have a lot of brake left on the car.  I
can go at least another 15k miles on these brakes.

Does anyone have any advice on breaking in these tires by chance; if I even
need to?

Joshua
02 SE-R Spec V