GC spring dilemma

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:47:21 -0500

Basically, I called up ground control, with their caster plates,
the front suspension isn't high enough, set as high as it is,
which is somewhere around 3/4"-1" from the top of the collars,
7" springs coil bind.  To get the my ride height to anywhere
near the right level in the front, I need an 8" spring, which
ground control has said they'd sell me a used one off their honda
applications, for 1 of 3 different deals:

1.  Direct swap because the springs DON'T go bad, and 380/275 8"
is pretty common on their honda applications, plus they get a bunch
of those back when the guys go 580/450 on their CRX's.

2.  $25 a piece for used springs.

3. "uh, 30-35, uh, $40 a piece, at least ..."

I don't mind the time lag, they said I should call back
for used ones.  I just called back again, and their
deal now is:

"We don't have a return policy..

We have some $41 used ones in 380/375
and 200.

If ANYONE's buying a ground control kit, and they want
the standard 7" 300/200 setup, please let me talk you
into getting the 375/275 8" springs with your kit,
and I'll be more than happy to pay something
like $100 and trade springs.

If anyone has a pair of extra 8" springs in either
375/380 or 275# rates, I need a pair of each.

If I didn't have their caster/camber plates, my
front wouldn't be as low.  I hate the thought
of having 'extra 7" springs sitting around..'.

TIA

Sorry if this is 'advertorial'.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>