PSI ? About Plus Size Tire/Wheel

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:54:32 -0500

Mark Marky Mark wrote:
>I'll take them down to the stock levels, better too low than too high...
in
>any case, 38psi is too high for my taste or gut feeling.

After I began autocrossing, I ran 40+ front, 28 or so rear pressure
regardless of tire and width.  I liked the response better and my
aggressive cornering style kept the wear pretty even.  This is on the
street, mind you.  Front impact harshness was a bit higher but that was the
price for the ability to comfortably take on-and off-ramps at 20 mph over
posted limit.  Instantaneous turn-in, mmmmm.

Theoretically, lower profile needs more air to keep rim off road on sharp
impacts.  Realistically, <shrug>.

Bruce in Houston