PSI ? About Plus Size Tire/Wheel

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:09:24 -0500

Mark wrote:

>I know what the PSI is supposed to be for the OEM tires. This is for a '91
>Classic, 14x5.5, 185/60/14 is 32psi front, 29psi rear.

>Does the psi requirement change when you plus size your wheel/tire... say
>to 195/50/15 on 15x7 Enkei's? Require less? Require more?

Mark, I *know* you're going to get widely differing answers to this an a
large number of people telling you that you simply *must* go harder, but
I'm going to tell you the opposite.  I ran my 215/40-16 tires at the same
psi as stock and got great (and even) tire wear, good handling, and no
degradation in ride.  I've had numerous arguments with different people
about this, but there was no degradation in ride and in retrospect, I think
that's because I ran stock pressures.

So, there you go.  You'll get other advice as well.  Flip a coin and have
at it.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com