(no subject)

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:17:31 -0500

Mark: Steve: I finally got my Enkei RPF1's They look really great and really
filled out the SP8000's. Tires section look much wider from the front than
with the stock wheels. 5.5" versus 7" wheel probably responsible.

For those of you out there who care the stock wheels weigh 16LBS
The 195X55X14 SP8000's with stock wheels
(worn about 1/16to 1/8" shy of tread wear blocks)
each weighed 32LBS (So tire alone= 16LBS

The 195X50X15 SP8000's with Enkei RPF1's (New) each weighed 27.5 LBS.
The Enkeis weighed 9.5LBS so the tire=18LBS
Measured all on digital scale.

I guess I have one gripe; I have lost some acceleration (even with the
lighter wheels)due to the taller tire (new of course) 195X50X15.
The previous 195X55X14's rolling radius with 33PSI Front
and 28PSI rear average was 10 5/16 Front and 10 9/16 Rear.
The new setup is 10 1/2F and 10 7/8Rear.

Getting off the mark has quicker pick up(lighter mass),but can
definately feel the gearing difference after that. Once the tires wear some
probably will be not so noticable,had I thought about it more
I might have been tempted to go for 195X45X15
which is a 22" Dia tire as opposed to the 22.4 Dia I had originally to get
maximum thrust. Cornering has improved quite a bit

Overall I'm really happy so far. I had them mounted with "Gorilla" Purple
steel centering spacers,and tuner lug nuts, balance weights inside.
Had them up to 90 MPH no vibration or shimmy.

Frank 93SE-R