Suspension Thrust Bearing

Brent Meints mein3@fsuimail.ferris.edu
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:24:59 -0500

Cusco makes plates for regular springs that would help.  Also, Scott
Higashi has posted on the forums that he will be making his pillow ball
strut mounts for stock style springs.  This would help also.

Brent

List,

I would like to hear if a solution has been found for the thrust bearing
failure with lowering springs.  A couple months ago, I installed Hyperco
2's, AGX's, w/ new OEM thrust bearings & rubber pieces.  In the last
couple
days, I've started to get a clunk from the driver's side front.  I'm
convinced it is the thrust bearing because other options found in my
search
of the archives have been accounted for.  I believe that the GC camber
kit
replaces the thrust bearing, but obviously only applies to coilovers.
Any
thoughts?

Josh in IL
92 SE-R