OT: Tradin' paint

Rick Frey rfrey@iupui.edu
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:56:20 -0500

At 10:31 PM 6/11/2003 -0500, Mena Aqenenni wrote:
> > while.  I will be the first to admit, that Gordon didn't do
> > bad in the Williams!

>Speed wouldn't have Gordon out there embarrasing himself. That would
>make him look bad. I would be surprised if he didn't have major seat
>time in the FW before his TV's shots.

I am not a nascar nor a Gordon fan, but I have to give the guy his
props.  He is the real deal behind a steering wheel regardless of the
racing format.  I don't know what his record on nascar road courses is, but
I am sure he has a very impressive string of wins when the good ole boys
turn right.  Just like soccer is the ultimate sport to make your kid as
athletic as possible, sprint cars, IMHO, do the same for a good
racer.  Isn't going fast on any track merely some degree of a controlled
drift?  I'd like to see gordon given a year as a test pilot for an
F1 team and then turn him loose w/ the big guys.  Hmm...an american that
could compete in F1, the horror.

sorry for continuing the OT,

rick frey