Koni Inserts

Scott_Higashi@necelam.com Scott_Higashi@necelam.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:13:22 -0500

The question was "easy" externally adjustable Konis in stock bodies.

The problem lies in the fact that there are few if any (none that I know
of) off the shelf externally adjustable inserts for the 1 3/4" strut
housings like the B13s have.  There are many more for the 2" ones however.
If you're set on external adjustability, you can have Koni modify the
standard inserts for it, but it's $$.  I can't do the modification myself
however.

You are right about putting B13 perches on the Maxima housings.  Sure it's
doable, but it'll take some work.  Not REALLY that tough if you're handy
with a die grinder/sawzall and a welder, but if I'm going through that much
trouble, I'd pay the extra to get double adjustables.

Actually, I'd just ditch the stock type springs altogether and just step up
to coilovers to make it that much easier.  They're not a bad as some people
make them out to be...

-SHig