koni inserts

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:41:48 -0500

According to Mike Saiki over at motivational engineering,
AGX's blow on Prokits and GC's because they bottom out.

Having the proper amount of travel will keep them from hitting
bottom so often, and keep the shocks from blowing.

The feel great on my car, although I only have about 7-8k
on them.  The soft koni yellow bumpstops do save them a little
longer, but invariably it's lack of suspension travel that will keep
killing them.  If you shorten your strut housings, put in shorter koni
inserts like Mike does on his custom struts, then you'll get the travel
back.  If you insist on keeping your car 1.5" or more lower than stock,
you can expect to blow struts constantly.  My B13 is really dying for
an 8" set of front springs, just to raise the front end up,
but that's another story.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.