koni inserts

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:41:17 -0500

>Seriously though, I think you've lasted this long David because of the
>stock springs.  On the ProKits, they got crappy a while ago and are (I
>think) starting to leak fluid!  They're blown... beyond blown!

Oh, no doubt. The stock rates are only 125/112. Do you think yours are shot
because of how much the ProKits lower the car? That would be my first
suspicion. I will be interested to see what the long-term results are of
people using AGXes with the 2nd-gen. Hyperco springs. I would probably have
a set of those if I did not live in Michigan.

>nice and tight when I first got them and gave me the impression that they
>were an awesome shock but, now that I know what I'm feeling and now that
>I've taken the car on the track several times, I realize that the AGX's
>are crap.

Why? I'd probably call the ProKits crap before I called the AGXes crap. I
haven't been to a track event in a good while now but I have done a couple
with the AGXes. I would like to see what an SE-R handles like with stock
springs and Konis, though.

>Whoa!  I thought I had squeaked by with 50K miles... but 80!?  Then again,
>stock springs make a difference.  Ok, so we've figured out that AGX's with
>stock springs last 80K miles,

Last? That's just on the "1" setting...they are lasting forever so far :) I
turned the fronts to "2" today to see how it feels, but it is a bit hard to
evaluate anything other than impact harshness on 10 miles of driving
straight city streets.

>AGX's with GC's last 2K miles, and AGX's on one of Jez's cars lasts
>forever even if driving the Baja every year.

And he can swap the whole set in 5 minutes! ;)

David