Super2nr TV Nissan v. Honda Challenge on Now

Frank Lin frank@hybrid-theory.gotrice.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 23:58:05 -0500

FWIW, fastest lap times from official result:

Chad Slagg- 1:33.333
Keith Gillespie- 1:35.341
Frank Yeung- 1:35.480
Dominque Montes- 1:35.513
Frank Lin- 1:35.638
Brian Gillespie- 1:36.819
Kenneth Montes- 1:36.935
Brian Parks- 1:38.483
Total- 767.54

Nissan
Amber Karqenian- 1:35.133
Rab Cadle- 1:35.301
Mike Kojima- 1:35.418
Dave Coleman- 1:35.628
Kathy Thomanson- 1:36.188
Jeff Nayert- 1:36.463
Charles Johnson- 1:36.842
George Dogians- 1:37.222
Total- 768.19

The car I turn 1:35.638 in was the yellow Hasport EP3 2003 Civic
Si.  It weights 2925 lbs with me in it.  Has a RSX-S swap, makes
about 215 hp @ crank.

The original car I was suppose to drive, had couple of serious
problems, 1. rear brake locked up well before fronts do, very
difficult to control. 2. over heating.  Surprisingly, Keith
G. was able to do a 1:35.341 in it.  That car IMO had FTD
potential...  ~2300 lbs with driver, 215 whp...  if only we got
to shake the car down few days before.

But yeah, we're all (including some of you on the list) whining
because we didn't do our best.  :-)  I didn't really like how the
video was cut, it was suppose to show Power (Nissan) vs. Handling
(Honda), but none of the video clips showed that.

--
Frank M. Lin                            frank@ghettoracer.com
G.Speed Racing (Est. 1995)             http://www.g-speed.com

Just a open track whore and i can't get enough...  have I...
        become... a...  Trackula?   http:/www.ghettoracer.com

1995 Honda del Sol VTEC - http://www.g-speed.com/eg2
1994 Honda Civic Si     - http://www.g-speed.com/remix
1990 Mazda Miata (Spec) - http://www.ghettoracer.com/miata