re-blacking the plastic

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sat, 31 May 2003 15:16:24 -0500

David Pertuz wrote:

>can anyone recommend a good (not too hideous to apply, long-lasting)
>product to use to recoat the black plastic on my car? As the car is 10
>years old, the door handles and cowl panel have faded to a medium grey,
>and getting them black again would be an easy way to get the car looking
>slightly better. I once used a product called Back to Black on my Fiat,
>and while the initial results were good, they were also not very long-lasting.

Back to Black is what you want.

I used to use a product called Black Again, but it is no longer
produced.  And like Back to Black, it had to be reapplied on a regular basis.

I suppose you could paint it, but short of that, I think you're pretty much
destined to reapply.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com