Suspension - Part Deux

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:53:40 -0500

>Not entirely true. You don't have to take the strut out of the car. Just
>undo the strut rod nut on top, push the strut rod down far enough to
>take off the spring, and do your adjustment. Not as easy as turning a
>knob, but it's better than a kick in the head.

That's a good idea, but here's what I experienced: When I
installed the pillow ball mounts, I undid the top of the rear struts only,
hoping that the suspension would drop enough so that I had room up
there to swap out the stock strut mount. It was too hard to maneuver
all the parts around so I just took out the whole strut/coil over
assembly. I'm not sure that I would've had enough room to finagle
out the top hat and spring, but YMMV. Worth a try if you decide that
you need to adjust the damping.

matt ma . 92 SE-R