exhaust smell

N rogge exhodagnrogge@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:09:14 -0500

Hello,

I have not looked very far into this problem, but ever
since I bought my 92 SER classic, I have had a problem
with hesitation and an exhaust smell in the car.  I
have noticed that when a window or sunroof is open it
gets worse, it goes away a little when I flip the air
flow lever to recirculate, this however does not solve
the problem.  Any ideas as to where the exhaust smell
is coming from?  Dose anyone think that the hesitation
is at all related to my exhaust problem?  Don't take
this the wrong way, but, I hate the way my car drives!
This hesitation is really getting to me.  I have the
EGR hose disconnected and plugged but it doesn't solve
the problem, and my gas mileage sucks!  I did get a
K&N air filter kit and that has helped with the
hesitation.  Knowing all this can somebody help me?
Thanks,

Nick
92 hesitating gas guzzling classic