sway bar binding

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:18:49 -0500

What does it sound like or feel like when the stock rear sway bar binds?  Is
their a  particular noise or behavior associated with it?  I am getting
noise in my rear suspension on transitions, but not in straight line bump
compression.  This is after the install of Hyperco #2 and AGX's.  Light or
heavy bumps don't make any odd noised but hard cornering or bumps in
cornering make a dull clunking noise.  I've been over all of the components
in the rear suspension and nothing is loose (at full droop or static load).
I am thinking the rear swaybar is binding, I think the bar may have been
re-attached with the suspension at full droop and not at static height like
it is supposed to be, would the result be binding on compression?

TIA
Ben H. Baird
'91 SE-R
'92 SE-R annoying clunk