Suspension Gurus

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:34:01 -0500

Keep in mind Geo's comments refer to his G20.

I have the Valley Spring OE-style prototype 300/200 on my Classic.  They
have less than a one inch drop.  I kept the original bumpstops.  I don't
believe I have experienced coil bind or bottoming.  I feel the front rate
is quite acceptable for a street ride but think that 200 lb/in is a bit
stiff for the lightly loaded rear.  I would spec, maybe, 150 or 175 lb/in
rear.  Yes, this will exacerbate understeer; get the Nu-Tech rear sway bar
or the Progress full set to tune weight transfer to your liking.

My tuppence.

Bruce in Houston