Question for M3 owners

Robert Liu bob@p1auto.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 09:50:10 -0500

I have a 95 M3 with 179k miles. It's been incredibly reliable. I bought it at
146k miles.

Good info at:
http://www.eurospeed.org/e36m3faq.pdf

95 models are OBDI, and somewhat more desirable, and cheaper.

Trouble spots:
cracked rear shock mounts
worn rear trailing arm bushings
cracked upper radiator neck
plastic water pump (95 models)
plastic thermostat cover

Maintenance is not too bad, especially if you do it yourself. Parts are
actually fairly inexpensive if you don't go through the dealer. For example, I
can get brembo front rotors for under $60.

Bob