Public apology

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 23:44:02 -0500

To one and all on "THE" list,  I am sorry for my ranting and raving on the
emissions stuff.  I am sorry I mis-spoke about the performance gain or loss
with or without a CAT.  I am sorry if I offended anyone or stepped on some
toes.  I should have clarified some statements better and should have said
when I was ASSUMING something.  I guess we all have bad days and this may
have been one of mine.  I really like this list.  I forget how diversified
we all are and we are all pretty much just "a name" on an email to some if
not most but we/I need to remember that there is a face behing the name.
I know I am guilty for typing in a hurry and I assume and/or expect those
reading my occassional drivel to come to the conclusion I was hoping for.
And when they don't I have to remember not to go off half cocked.  Sorry
Jay, shouldn't have told you to "P off".  That was uncalled for.  I am
nearing 40 years old, have three kids and a beautiful wife (ask Dave
Coleman, he has met her) you would think I would have some patience by now.
Guess I am still maturing.  Here I am asking people to be leaders here on
our mailing list and performance community and be responsible when
reccomending modification and I go off half cocked.  Nice.  Sorry for the
waste of bandwidth earlier.  I will make an effort to just get along.....

But I still feel it is worth the cost in our wallets and a little
performance if our cars remain emissions legal, so that we "THE SE-R mailing
list" can be a group that is looked up to in the hot-rodding community
rather than a bunch of selfish ricers.  Sometimes things get muddy here but
I have been hanging around the Volvo "turbobricks" forum and mailing list
too...   Remember that I am getting old and I needed a turbo car that could
carry the wife,kids and a weekend of gear... and I have come to the
conclusion that they are a confused mix of individuals compared to what we
have here.  The majority seem to think y'all are a bunch o' Ricer's but if
they would get over their prejudice, they might actually learn some things.
Me too for that matter.  I like you guys (and gals if we have any...) and I
still have a lot to learn.  I won't leave unless you throw my butt out.
Please forgive me.

Your lost Ex-SE-R owner.. slowly coming out of his intelligence coma,
Erik Halvorson

Is it true that Merlin drives a BMW now?!