Emissions control equip removal... WAS: EGR Tube with a turbo

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 17:44:57 -0500

No I work for the dealer, none of my own cars blew up, I beat the shit out
of my Maxima since I drove it off the dealer lot- 60K miles later..... one
O2 sensor heater failed yesterday- repleaced under xtended warranty-
repleaced all 4 sensors for shits and giggles, my accessory belt idler
pulley was squeaking- repleaced under warranty at the same time... other
than that... no failures in the 2 years I've owned this car. My SE-R never
blew up, it spun a bunch of rod bearings on a DET that Nissan Motorsports
ripped me off on- selling me wrong size injectors, making the car run lean
as hell. Now when U buy injectors from the dealer- do U send them to RC Eng
and have them checked if U didn't get ripped off ? how can U tell visually
they are 555cc injectors ? Colors do not mean much. I didn't do anything
wrong here, so let off. Its hard to convince me that Erik is a good wrench
head. If I had sooo many comebacks- like ya claim, I wouldn't be working on
cars. Do U know how old I was when I did my 1st DET swap ? I was 18 years
old..... they say experience makes U a master. I am in my mid 20s now. Being
formula smart, throwing diff stupid equations and knowing how to install
camshafts or a header on a SE-R does not make U a mechanic. U have to know
how to deal with electrical problems, computer controlled mirrors, seats,
navigation systems.... I bet U 90% of people here dunno what short trim and
long trim fuel are. I try to help out people with engine noises, electrical
problems and such off the main list- but private emails, but when someone
questions my mechanical abilities and calls me a hack or BSer I take that
seriously, and call it a challenge.... putting a SR20 toghter aint shit,
give Erik a 3.2L VTEC  motor - Acura, or a Lexus VVTi 4.3L V8 engine to work
on... I wanna see him work on anything from POINTS ignition on older Alfas
to the newest cylinder cut off systems like GM has to make a V8 run only on
4 cylinders to increase gas mileage. I don't question anyones ability here,
when someone asks me for help I talk to them like I would talk to them in
person, try to use relatively eassy to comprehend words. I never not answer
an e-mail that someone sends me asking for help. Shit I went out and picked
up like 5 SR20DEs at SOKO for people in the last 4 months and its not like
SOKO is 5 min away from my house, its a 45 min drive for me. If ya dont like
my e-mails, unsubscribe, I been here for 7 years now.
Mike Jez