Infamous clutch gritch

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 20:28:19 -0500

Depends on where the noise is coming from. Mine comes right where the cable
enters the cabin in the firewall and it's directly dependent upon pedal
travel. If yours comes from somewhere else then you may have a different
problem than I do.

As for me, I've already tried using silicone spray lube all around the area
along with the spring for the pedal and the hole the cable goes through and
it still makes the noise. Any other recommended lube for this besides the
one I've already used?

Ray S
98 Sentra SE
99 Sentra SE-L donor

>Message: 9
>   Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
>   From: Reza Taheri <rukuss5@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: The infamous clutch gritch

WAIT A MINUTE, everyone's clutch makes that grinding
noise??? I never wanted to take it in because I was
terrified how much it would cost. I already got a new
clutch put in and the transmission rebuilt courtesy of
my warranty. But all the clutch noise is just the
cable?? Should I have it fixed ASAP or is it like
aftermarket break pads, makes a horrific noise but
works just fine?? Thanks!