Questions after clutch job

Bud Man budman247@charter.net
Sun, 18 May 2003 14:54:42 -0500

I just finished my first clutch job.  A couple friends helped me that had
some prior experience.  I'm embarrassed to state how long the job took, but
it's done!  My first question is my buddy disconnected the wiring adapter
to the MAF, and I can't get it stay on.  It utilizes this piece of thin
wire to fasten it, and it got deformed in the removal process.  Any tricks
to keeping this on?  Do they sell new clips, and would using electrical
tape pose any problems?  Second, I installed the basic ACT clutch kit
(heavy duty pressure plate with street disc).  My buddies told me that I'd
have to drill new holes in the clutch cable bracket that mounts to the bell
housing.  We tried to do it without this, but there wasn't enough cable to
reach the release lever.  So I drilled some new holes in the bracket and
mounted it.  This allowed me to utilize the slack in the cable between the
bracket and the firewall, and I was able to get it to reach.  What causes
this, and am I just circumventing an actual problem???

Lastly, once I get the MAF adapter on, I'm going to fire her up for the
first time.  Any special advice, or things to look?

Thanks in advance,
-Colin Cox