Turbo Magazine Project SE-R

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 19:20:32 -0500

I just spent a good bit on a new paint job, some body
trim pieces, seals, etc on my 94 SE-R (no pictures yet).
I mention pictures because a few folks saw the 'before'
pics and I want to show them some 'afters'... :^)

I'm considering headers, CAI, etc...  (not quite ready for
500 whp yet (LOL))...

The engine is stock as far as performance mods.  What
do you think of our current transmission's strength in a
'bolt-on' car, maybe S3's, JWT ECU, headers, CAI,
better exhaust, strong motor mounts,  IF  the trans
goes through quality rebuild and the 'strengthening'
procedures currently available?  I know turbos will
destroy 3rd gear, but what about bolt-on N/A ??

And I know you're not in the business of guarantees,
I just want your opinion... :^)

Jack

p.s.  I'm glad to see Turbo's will be involved in some
serious development..  I used to like them a lot.