Ever shipped Airbags?

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 07:28:18 -0500

John A wrote:

> Anybody ever shipped Airbags?  I'm trying to ship mine
> to a buyer but Fedex and UPS say its a Hazmat item due
> to the compressed gas.  If you've ever shipped
> airbags, could you tell me how you did it?  Thanks!

I've never done it and not sure you want to do it.  Airbags are
supposed to remain with the coverside up at all times.  You
won't be able to gurantee that shipping it.  Besides they
are not supposed to be dropped  either.

And AFAIK they are wrong.  There is no GAS in there.
Electricity is required as a catalyst for the chemical in
there to burn causing a gas to be created.

But like I said not sure you would want to ship it.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 348K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R